Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Chevron Halloween Wreath Tutorial

 



 I never thought of myself as the wreath type but this was so fun to make I see now why people like making them!


I went to Joann and bought a foam wreath and two chevron patterned quarter yard cuts, some felt squares and some glue sticks for my glue gun.
The black bird came from the dollar store. I bought it like two years ago and it has been hiding out in my craft cupboard with a menacing look like, "When are you going to use me lady, or will I end up at your estate sale someday?"
 The Scrabble pieces are from the Rose Bowl Flea market in Pasadena, but they do have Scrabble type squares at Joann if you don't have ages to collect all these little tile pieces like I do. Spending hours on a Sunday morning starting at the crack of dawn, aimlessly walking the stalls of the flea market wondering if I should buy a ten dollar sausage sandwich or not and an overpriced grain sack. Seriously, how do I end up with so much junk? That's how.
I
 To make the wreath I tore about 2 18 inch strips from my two chevron pieces. The fabric was only 9 inches long so I sewed them all together to make one long piece and wrapped it around the wreath. I used the glue gun to secure it where I started and to secure the strip at the end.
 I cut some 4 inch by 12 inch felt strips, folded them in half and cut slits.
Then I wrapped the strip like this, to make a loopy flower. And glued it to a small felt circle then glued that to the wreath.
I used popsicle sticks  to glue to the back of my Scrabble pieces, creating a little sign... then glued some baker's twine to the wreth to make a hanger, and then I glued on the bird.
Do you like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment